Consultation and Training for Staff and Caregivers of Clients with Special Needs
Wendy Sarsons and Jacquie Levy, the co-owners of Action Potential Rehabilitation, have been invited to speak at several conferences and to teach workshops to staff working with stroke survivors in the community. They are able to provide evaluation and training for fitness professionals wishing to learn more about setting up fitness programs for clients with special needs.
They have consulted to the Aphasia Centre of Ottawa, Champlain Regional Stroke Strategy, the Eastern Ontario Regional Stroke Strategy, and the South East Toronto Regional Stroke Network.
In working with the Special Needs Branch of Parks and Recreation, they have been involved with many of the City of Ottawa’s programs, including:
- Acquired Brain Injury Day Program
- SPIRIT Program (respite program for children with special needs)
- SNAP Program (day program for children on the Autism spectrum)
- Training for Summer Camp staff working with children with special needs
- Lift and Transfer Training for staff working with clients with special needs
- Individual consultation for clients with special needs who are involved in aquatic and recreation programs
Jacquie and Wendy are also available to do individual physiotherapy consultations for any client with special needs. They can offer assistance with the transition into existing community programs, lift and transfer training for caregivers or support staff, and support with community exercise programming.