ARE YOU EXPERIENCING PAIN OR STIFFNESS IN YOUR
HIP(S) OR KNEE(S)?
DO YOU WANT TO STAY ACTIVE BUT YOUR HIPS AND KNEES HAVE YOU WORRIED?
THESE MAY BE SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS (OA).
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT GLA:D®?
- GLA:D® is an 8-week education and exercise program developed in Denmark for people with symptoms of knee or hip OA
- GLA:D® is being launched across Canada as GLA:D™ Canada
WHAT CAN GLA:D™ CANADA DO FOR YOU?
- This program will teach you the right way to move to reduce your pain and stiffness
In Denmark, people taking the GLA:D® program
- have reduced pain
- take fewer pain killers
- take less time off work
- are able to be more active
- GLA:D™ Canada is for everyone with symptoms of hip or knee OA!
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
- An assessment by a Registered Physiotherapist to gather baseline information about your current functional ability and ensure you are a good candidate for the program
- Two 90-minute education sessions that will teach you about the symptoms and risk factors of osteoarthritis, treatment and self-management options, as well as tips on how to overcome everyday challenges
- Twelve 60-minute exercise sessions guided by a Physiotherapist that will help improve posture, build strength and you will learn how to apply these exercises in everyday activities.
- Group setting (no more than 8 participants) decreases the individual cost for participants
To learn more about the GLA:D™ Canada Program, please visit gladcanada.ca for more information.
How do you get started?
Use the button below to schedule a call to find out more information and to schedule your initial consultation.