Home / Services / Concussion Treatment
Every concussion is different, which leads to a unique treatment plan for each client. Our therapists at Action Potential Rehabilitation specialiaze in the management of concussion symptoms and long-term preventative strategies.
First, therapists screen post-concussion clients for a variety of complications. This can include:
- eye strain
- concentration difficulties
- memory impairment
- changes in balance and stability
This comprehensive evaluation helps the care team decide the appropriate treatment(s) for the client. Such treatments may include:
- Vestibular therapy (treatment of inner-ear)
- Exercises to alleviate dizziness
- Exercises to improve stability and balance
- Exercises to regain agility
In addition to symptomatic treatments, our therapists may develop long-term management and prevention plans for concussion. This can include.
- Instruction of the proper use of safety equipment such as helmets
- Specially-tailored exercise routines
- Other lifestyle changes
To learn more about our post-concussion treatments, don’t hesitate to contact us.
All images property of Action Potential Rehabilitation and are not to be used or distributed without permission.
This website provides general information about our services and conditions treated. It is not intended to be used for self-assessment or treatment, and is not a substitute for an individualized treatment plan developed by a registered physiotherapist.
By the Action Potential Rehabilitation Staff
Page last reviewed: June 2, 2023