Home / Conditions / COPD
At Action Potential Rehabilitation, we have physiotherapists who focus on helping clients with respiratory conditions, such as COPD, bronchiectasis, and pulmonary fibrosis. Individuals with pulmonary conditions often experience shortness of breath, chronic cough, and increased secretions. This can lead to de-conditioning, a decrease in your physical activity, and may affect your balance and mobility.
An individualized assessment and treatment plan can address: secretion clearance techniques, breathing and relaxation techniques to manage your breathlessness, the development of a strength and reconditioning program, and education on managing all aspects of your disease. We work with a wide spectrum of individuals who are at different phases of their illness: from those who have recently been diagnosed and wish to start an exercise program or learn more about their condition, to individuals who are on oxygen and wish to improve their energy conservation techniques or start a strengthening program.
- www.lung.ca – The Canadian Lung Association website provides information on respiratory conditions, resources, handouts and education.
- www.on.lung.ca – The Ontario Lung Association website provides information on lung health, research and community health programs.
- www.ec.gc.ca/cas-aqhi – The Government of Canada Air Quality Health Index provides recommendations for when to avoid outside activities.
- www.airhealth.ca – Provides outdoor and indoor air health information.
- www.YourHealthyHome.ca – Provides information on indoor air quality and recommended changes that can help you manage your symptoms.
This website provides general information about our services and conditions treated. It is not intended to be used for self-assessment or treatment, and is not a substitute for an individualized treatment plan developed by a registered physiotherapist.
By the Action Potential Rehabilitation Staff
Page last reviewed: June 2, 2023