Home / Conditions / Delayed Development
If you are concerned that your infant is not moving as they should be, or if your child has been diagnosed as having a developmental delay, it is important that physiotherapy treatment starts as soon as possible. One aspect of development builds on another, so early intervention can help prevent compensation and the emergence of atypical patterns of movement.
Your child may be eligible for publicly funded physiotherapy services through the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO).
Physiotherapy through Action Potential Rehabilitation is helpful when:
- Your child is on a waiting list for physiotherapy at CHEO
- Your child would respond better by being treated at home
- It is difficult for you to transport your child to therapy appointments
- Your child would benefit from Pool Therapy
- Your child requires more frequent therapy than is currently available through the public system
- Your child is not eligible to receive physiotherapy services from CHEO (Quebec resident or school-age child)
- Your child has not yet received a diagnosis, but you’d like to get help right away
The paediatric physiotherapists at Action Potential Rehabilitation have extensive training and experience working with infants and young children. They are knowledgeable about child development and how to promote the acquisition of gross motor skills such as sitting, crawling and walking. Your child’s physiotherapist will give you activities and exercises that you can work on at home, and help you support your child’s development as they progress.
This website provides general information about our services and conditions treated. It is not intended to be used for self-assessment or treatment, and is not a substitute for an individualized treatment plan developed by a registered physiotherapist.
By the Action Potential Rehabilitation Staff
Page last reviewed: May 5th, 2021